Tuesday 10 January 2012

Master the pasta...



I was lucky and excited to receive a shiny new pasta machine for Christmas this year, something I've wanted for a while now. You can get good GF pasta from the local supermarket; most stock Doves which is fine but it's expensive and I get fed up eating pasta shells or fusilli all the time.


As a family of pasta lovers I think this wee machine is going to be well used and I have been desperate to test-drive it.


After scouring the Internet for a pasta dough recipe it seems that tapioca flour is rated best for making GF pasta. I thought all I had to do was pop along to my local Real Foods and pick some up however it turns out that tapioca flour is almost impossible to get your hands on at the moment. They suggested I use manioc flour as a substitute, a flour I have never even heard of!

So as usual I am tweaking a recipe and hoping for the best!

I am keen to make some ravioli and since the famous Crombie of Edinburgh is next door to Real Foods I popped in and got some lovely GF spicy sausages. I plan to remove the lovely sausagemeat from the skins and use it in the ravioli.


So I have all the ingredients, pasta machine is patiently waiting to be removed from its box, all I need to do now is get cooking...

No comments:

Post a Comment