Tuesday 29 October 2013

Fresh Veg Alert!



Everyone will probably get fed up with me banging on about fresh veg soon but I can't believe how excited I get coming home from work on a Tuesday night. I couldn't wait to get in tonight to find out what veg had been delivered and week two was as inviting looking as week one...long may it continue.

So this week's veg fest from The Little Veg Company consisted of:

Potatoes
Onions (both red and white)
Carrots
Red pepper
Yellow pepper
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Broccoli
Savoy cabbage
Swede
Pumpkin
Celeriac (an old favourite of mine)
Beetrot (a new favourite of mine...nothing to do with making beetroot brownies last week!)

I also added a fruit box to my order and again this was exceptional value for money with bananas, apples, pears, plums, oranges, tangerines and grapes all for just £10.

Before I had my jacket off I was turning on the oven ready to roast the pumpkin for soup. I also diced up the leftover squash from last week. My recipe is here Pumpkin & Squash Soup Recipe

Hmmm...off to raid the recipe books and decide what to do with the rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment