Monday 30 May 2016

We're Jamming...


In keeping with the rhubarb theme of the last post, rhubarb is very much the dominant fruit in the house at the moment. Having picked a load of the stalks to make jam, the rhubarb patch still looked untouched...so I set about making another batch...then another batch...

Five kilos of rhubarb later and there was still loads! So what to do with all the jam? Well I am busy raising funds for a fantastic local charity called LoveOliver so the jam is now for sale. After a scour of the internet to check the going price for a good quality jam I have settled for £4 a jar. A bargain!

At the moment I have rhubarb and ginger (a classic), rhubarb and rose (apparently hard to find) and my own "new kid on the block" recipe; rhubarb, strawberry and vanilla. 



I was a bit skeptical about rhubarb and rose but I have to say for now it's a clear winner. Subtle with a hint of rose I've enjoyed it in porridge and on homemade pancakes.

So if you'd like to sponsor me in return for a jar of jam I am only too happy to oblige. The first event is on the 11th June; my first attempt at a triathlon (eek). I will also be cycling 75 miles of the Fife Coastal path from the Forth road bridge to Tay bridge in July (double-eek). 

https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/nicolamoriarty
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment